Friday, January 19, 2007

Agony, ecstasy, etc.

Not so much the Irving Stone novel or the movie, though I did tell Roy and Darren that it would be interesting to see them give our big ceiling the Charlton Heston treatment. (Lord, do I have to take the Rex Harrison role again??)

I think Darren's agony tonight is going to be the sunburn he got today. Even early, when I got the picture, the sun was doing its thing pretty mercilessly.

My ecstasy came early: Arnold and Mr. B had been hanging doors -- without the Macon crew who had been planning to bop down to aid the effort -- and were more than three-fourths done by the close of business Friday.

They look even better up than I'd expected, and now the agony (if you'll pardon the gross over- statement): Do we pickle them, like the V-groove, as planned? Or do we finish them with a dark cherry stain to match the floors? Pickling would be far more Keys-casual; staining more traditional, and maybe a bit more elegant.

Elegant, schmelegant, I think they'll look like a million bucks either way -- but it's a question I'm going to ponder for a few more days.

No comments: